It is good practice to change your email password regularly to prevent unauthorised access to your information.
Forgotten mail passwords can’t be recovered, however they can be reset.
Use a phrase you can easily remember, but which would be difficult for someone else to guess. We suggest using phrases such as 1-LOVE-my-dog which are highly secure, according to strength testing sites such as How Strong is my Password. It includes a number, lower and upper case letters and symbols.
Reset or Change your email password via konsoleH
- Browse to konsoleH and log in at Admin or Domain level
- Admin level: Select or search for the applicable domain
- Select Mail in the left-hand menu
- Select Manage Accounts
- Select Edit next to the applicable mailbox
- Enter your new password and ensure you use a strong password
- Confirm your new password.
- Click Update
Reset or Change your email password in Webmail
- Browse to Webmail
- Log in with your:
Full email address, e.g. email@example.com and
Email password (remember, passwords are case-sensitive)
- Click on Settings (the cog icon at the top right)
- Click Manage Mailbox
- Login with your mailbox password
- Click the Change password button
- Enter your new password twice and ensure you use a strong password
- Click Update Mailbox at the bottom of the page
If you make use of an email program to access your email, it is important that you update your email program with your new password.
Ensure your password is strong. Following our guidelines:
- Use both upper and lower case letters
- Incorporate numbers or punctuation marks
- Ensure your password is at least 11 characters long
- Do not use your usernames, email addresses or domain names associated with your Hetzner account
- Do not use your personal information, like your pet’s name, special dates, or your ID number
- Use different passwords for your various hosting services
- Store your passwords securely using a secure application e.g Last Pass or 1 Password