Office 365 for business includes access to an online version of Outlook. You can connect up to 5 email accounts to Outlook on the web, including your Hetzner hosted domain email. Connected accounts are typically used to enable your Office 365 email to receive mail sent to an email address that’s not hosted within your Office 365 environment.
Connect your domain email to Outlook on the web
- Log in to Outlook on the web
- Choose the Settings icon in the top righthand menu
- In the lefthand menu, choose Mail > Connected Accounts, then + to add an account
- Add the email address and password of your domain mailbox in the pop-up window. Click OK.Note: If you do not see the window appear then check if your web browser is blocking the use of pop-up windows.
- Office 365 will now try to connect to the server for the email address you have entered. If successful, you will see a confirmation screen. However, if Office 365 can’t find the connection, then you will see the following window. Press Skip to manually add the account settings.
- Choose your connection type as either POP or IMAP(recommended), click OK
- Complete the settings as below, making sure that:
- the User name is your full email address
- the Incoming server is prefixed with mail. followed by your domain name
- Click OK
- A New account connection confirmation screen will appear. Follow the instructions in order to send mail from this email address. Press OK.
- The Connected Accounts screen returns, with your new account. The Status column displays the current status is of the migration process.Note: You can click on the Refresh icon to update the Status column with the latest information.
- You can close your browser and turn off your computer if you want to. Your account is connecting to Outlook in the cloud, not on your computer.