New email addresses (mailboxes or accounts) or mail aliases (forwarders) for your Hetzner domain are created via your konsoleH control panel.
Create a Mailbox
2. Select or search for the required domain name in the Hosting Services tab (only applicable to Admin level)
3. Click Mail from the left-hand menu > Manage Accounts under Mail
The main window is where all your active email accounts and aliases will be displayed. New hosting accounts have one active mailbox named webmaster@…
4. Click New Mailbox to create a new mail account or New Mail Alias to create a new email alias
5. Insert the relevant information:
- Username is the email address that you want to create
- Password should be a secure combination of letters and numbers – use the strength bar for guidance
- Verify Password by retyping it
- Forward is optional for mailboxes and compulsory for aliases – if you want to forward all incoming mail to an alternative address
6. Click Add
- The catch-all mailbox is disabled by default on Web hosting packages. If you would like all stray emails addressed to any username at your domain to be forwarded to a single mailbox, then enable the catch-all by choosing Edit at the top of the Mailbox Accounts page.
- Now that the email account is created on the server, you need to set up your email program or client (eg. Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird) to connect to the server to send and receive your email.
- If you are in the process of transferring a domain to Hetzner it is recommended that you setup the email accounts before transfer.