NEW: Try our Auto Configuration app to set up your new Apple or Mac Mail account ⇒ here
Alternatively follow this tutorial to manually set up you mail account:
This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account on your iPhone or iPad.
If the Mail account is already set up, but giving errors – then refer to our Troubleshooting guide.
Replace example.com with your domain name
Check your password
- First check your password by browsing to Webmail and trying to log in. If you aren’t able to log in, then you have the incorrect password. Forgotten passwords can be reset in konsoleH – you will need to get your domain or web administrator to update it for you if you don’t have konsoleH access.
Add Mail Account
- Select the settings icon on your home screen
- Select Mail
- Select Accounts
- Select Add Account…
- Select Other from the menu
- Select Add Mail Account
- Enter your Name, Email & Password > Next
- Forgotten passwords can be reset in konsoleH
- Select IMAP
- Scroll down to Incoming Mail Server and enter all the relevant details, then do the same for Outgoing Mail Server, as in the screen below and then select Next.
- Ensure that User Name is the full email address
- User Name & Password are the same for both Incoming & Outgoing servers
- You may receive a prompt asking you to verify the incoming and outgoing servers – you can click Continue for each.
- Choose the new account that you’ve just created
- Choose the SMTP server
- Check the SMTP settings:
Enter your account information
Configure Incoming and Outgoing Servers
Verify Server Identity
- User Name is the full email address
- Use SSL is off
- Athentication is Password
- Server Port is 587
- > Done
You have completed your account setup.
Congratulations! You have now successfully configured your email account on your iPhone.
Email still not working? Read our Troubleshooting Guide