Is this the first time you’re setting up this email account? Then use our new email setup guide, rather than this Outlook for Mac 2016 troubleshooting guide.
Replace example.co.za with your domain name.
Check existing account settings
1. Launch Outlook
3. Select the relevant account
4. The screen will reflect either IMAP or POP – Check these details:
- Ensure that the User Name is the full email address.
- If you don’t know your password, reset it via konsoleH.
- Add mail. before your domain name e.g. mail.example.co.za
- Add smtp. before your domain name e.g. smtp.example.co.za
- Select Override default port.
IMAP port settings
- Default setup: incoming 143, outgoing 587
- If SSL is required: incoming 993, outgoing 465
POP port settings
- Default setup: incoming 110, outgoing 587
- If SSL is required: incoming 995, Outgoing 465
Further Outgoing server settings
5. Click More Options…
- Authentication: ensure that User Name and Password is selected from the dropdown options
- Ensure that the User name is the full email address
- Click OK
Your account is now set up correctly.