This guide will help you troubleshoot the setup of your email account in Outlook 2011 for Mac.
Is this the first time you’re setting up this email account? Then use our new email setup guide, rather than this Outlook for Mac 2011 troubleshooting guide.
Check your password
- First check your password by browsing to Webmail and trying to log in. If you aren’t able to log in, then you have the incorrect password. Forgotten passwords can be reset in konsoleH – you will need to get your domain or web administrator to update it for you if you don’t have konsoleH access.
- Do you use a Mac Keychain? Make sure that the password saved in your keychain is correct -- here’s how.
Check existing account settings
1. Launch Outlook
2. Select Tools from the top menu bar and then Accounts…
Select the relevant account and check your account settings
3. Select the relevant account
4. The screen will reflect either IMAP or POP – Check the details:
- Ensure that the User Name is the full email address.
- If you don’t know your password, reset it via konsoleH.
- Outgoing Server: Select Override default port.
IMAP port settings
- Default setup: incoming 143, outgoing 587
- If SSL is required: incoming 993, outgoing 465
POP port settings
- Default setup: incoming 110, outgoing 587
- If SSL is required: incoming 995, Outgoing 465
Settings for SMTP server
5. Under the “More Options…” button select User Name and Password for Authentication
6. Ensure that the User name is the full email address
7. Click OK
Your account is now set up correctly.