♦ Is this the first time you’re setting up this email account? Then use our new email setup guide, rather than this Windows Live Mail troubleshooting guide.
♦ Replace example.com with your domain name
Check existing account settings
Check your settings
3. Select the Servers tab and check that:
- Incoming mail server can be POP or IMAP
- Incoming mail starts with mail. followed by your domain name
- Outgoing mail starts with smtp. followed by your domain name
- Email username displays your full email address
- Password is correct (forgotten passwords an be reset in konsoleH)
- Log on using clear text authentication is selected
- My server requires authentication is ticked
3. Click Settings
Outgoing Mail Server settings
5. Select the Advanced tab and check that:
- The Outgoing mail (SMTP) port is set to 587
- The Incoming mail POP port is 110 or IMAP is 143
- This server requires a secure connection (SSL) is not ticked
Your email should now be set up correctly.
Still struggling? Refer to our guide of common email problems or contact email@example.com.