SiteBuilder is a website publishing tool that allows you to create and maintain a professional website using a What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) application. You don’t need any previous knowledge or experience with HTML coding or programming. Create and edit your website via your browser using any computer, anywhere in the world. All you need is internet access. Once you have chosen to publish your website, it is immediately available online and can be edited afterwards.
Hetzner offers two versions
- SiteBuilder Lite (limited to 20 feature points)
- SiteBuilder Standard (unlimited)
To create a SiteBuilder website you first have to setup a Hetzner account and order a Web hosting package.
Please note that if you have just ordered your domain or upgraded to a hosting package, you may see an error: ‘Could not login to your hosting account’ when using SiteBuilder for the first time. This is due to DNS propagation, and will resolve within a maximum of 2 hours.
- Browse to konsoleH and log in at Admin level
- Admin level: Select or search for the applicable domain name in the Hosting Service tab
- Select Software > Manage SiteBuilder on the left-hand menu
- Choose the appropriate SiteBuilder Package for the website you wish to build by clicking the green ‘Select’ button under the applicable SiteBuilder Package
- Confirm your order
- Select ‘Launch’ to begin creating your site
Creating my SiteBuilder website:
- The SiteBuilder Wizard will prompt you to select a Category, Business Type, Company Name and Slogan
- This information can be changed at anytime while you are building your site
- Complete this step in order to view the first draft of your website
- When you access the website editor, you will be prompted to take the SiteBuilder Quick Tour. As a first time user, you will find this very beneficial
- The tour will help you get started quickly and find all the tools you need to build your customised website
In the main part of your screen you’re able to view your website the way it will look once published. Just click on the text to return to editing your website.
Top Fly-out Menu and Buttons
- The top part of your screen gives you access to the tools you need to design your homepage.
- Add new content and images to your website
- Choose and edit your website design: Colours, fonts and assign general settings
- Including a mobile and smart device friendly version of your website
- You can also preview and publish your website using the buttons on the top right.
Left Fly-out Menu
On the left side of the screen, you can see the ‘Website Structure’. Just move your mouse over it to view and access all pages of your website. You can also edit, add and delete pages from your site by clicking the ‘edit’ button.
Right Fly-out Menu
On the right side of the screen you can find the ‘Help Center’. Move your mouse over it to see the most frequently asked questions about Sitebuilder. You can also search for a specific topic or open the Quick Tour.
Important to Note:
- It is not possible to do a backup restore for an individual website. The SiteBuilder has ‘undo’ functions which enables the customer to revoke changes in each step of the process. In addition, the changes need to be confirmed before saving.
- Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Safari browsers are recommended for SiteBuilder.