Enable FTP Backup for your Self-Managed server via konsoleH:
- Browse to konsoleH and log in at Admin level
- Select or search for your Self-Managed server
- Select ‘FTP Backup’ from the left-hand menu
- Select ‘Enable’ and enter your desired login name, remembering the prefix to the login name that is already inserted, and your desired password
- Confirm the password in the ‘Confirm Password’ field
- Click on ‘Enable’ and KonsoleH will show you a summary of the FTP backup details.
- 50 GB disk space is available for backup purposes (this is a hard quota)
- It is your responsibility to clear backup space should the quota limit be reached
- You will only be able to access Hetzner’s free FTP Backup service from your Self-Managed server. Access to this service from outside the specific data centre hosting your Self-Managed server is not possible.
- The data backed up by customers to the FTP Backup servers are not included in our backup procedures. Although the FTP Backup server build includes RAID, it is important to note that total data loss, although rare, can occur during hardware and software failure, due to various factors.
- This FTP Backup service should be used for storing a backup copy of your data -- it shouldn’t be relied on as a primary data source.