Hetzner’s SiteBuilder supports responsive design templates. This means your website is now able to resize to suit a range of smart devices from tablets to smartphones. To switch to a responsive design template, you may follow these steps:
- Browse to konsoleH and log in at Domain level
- Admin level: Select or search for the applicable domain name in the ‘Hosting Service’ tab
- Select ‘Software’ then ‘Manage SiteBuilder’ on the left-hand menu
- Select ‘Launch’ to open the SiteBuilder editor
- Click on the ‘Style/Details’ tab and choose a design that has a tick next to the words ‘responsive design’.
- Select ‘Apply’ to change your design template. Please note that this change cannot be undone and any customisations (ie. colours, fonts, logos) made to your existing template will be lost.
- To see how the design will work before publishing your website with the new design, click on ‘Preview’ and resize your browser window to see how the screen design adjusts as you resize your browser.
- If you’re happy with what you see, click ‘Publish’.
Responsive design templates vs. the ‘Mobile Website’ Feature
Even though our new responsive design templates have a mobile view included, you may still wish to make use of the mobile website feature to limit the amount of content displayed on your mobile device by enabling / disabling pages in the site tree.