The Custom Error Pages function allows you to personalise error pages rather than using the server’s default error pages. The benefit of this function is that it will make your website appear more professional and helpful to browsers.
The most common error message is: 404 -- “Page not found”. Should you wish to customise this error page you can create your own error page and name it pagenotfound.html containing your own error message eg. “The page that you have requested no longer exists or may have moved- please contact email@example.com”.
There are several other error pages that you may wish to customise:
- 401 – Authorization required
- 403 – Forbidden directory
- 404 – Page not found
- 500 – Internal Server Error
How to specify a custom error page via konsoleH:
- Browse to konsoleH and log in at Domain level
- Admin level: Select or search for a domain name in the ‘Hosting Service’ tab
- Select ‘Manage Services’ from the left-hand menu
- Select ‘Webserver Config’
- Click ‘Custom Error Pages’
- Specify the file which should replace the server standard file for each specific error code
- Click ‘Save Changes’
You may also be interested in: