WordPress is one of the most popular Content Management Systems (CMS) available for creating, publishing and managing websites. The open source software is completely free and a wealth of add-ons (both free and paid-for) are available.
WordPress’ flexibility makes it suitable for beginners to advanced developers. Design and manage a basic website yourself, or have your website professionally designed in WordPress and then manage small changes and updates yourself using the wysiwyg Admin interface.
This easy-to-use software includes:
- Multiple Themes and Plugins to customise your site.
- A built in updater that can update your plugins and themes from within your WordPress dashboard.
- Tools for managing your files and documents
- A Widget tool to add multiple functions to your website or blog, such as:
- Social media sharing buttons
Many tutorials and videos are available to guide you in using this popular CMS.
Install WordPress quickly and easily with the WordPress AppInstaller, available in konsoleH for our Business Web Hosting packages – Basic, Standard, Advanced or Master accounts (WordPress requires a MySQL database).
Note: WordPress can not be installed on a Multiple Domain using the AppInstaller. It will need to be installed manually, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Steps for Installing WordPress:
1. Browse to konsoleH
2. Log in at Admin level
3. Select or search for the applicable domain name under Hosting Service
4. Click Software > Applications > WordPress on the left-hand menu
5. Click Start Install.
6. Select Finalise Installation.
7. Complete your configuration page and select Install WordPress
you have now successfully installed WordPress!
If you haven’t ordered your Web Hosting package yet