It is good practice to change your passwords every 30 to 60 days to prevent unauthorised access to your information.
To change your FTP Backup password for your Self-Managed server, follow these steps:
Please note: Hetzner will only accept strong passwords. To ensure that your password is strong, be sure to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Use both upper and lower case letters.
- Incorporate numbers or punctuation marks.
- Use at least one special character: ! @ # $ % * ( ) -- + = , < > : : “ ‘ .
- Ensure it is at least 11 characters long.
- Do not use your username, email address or domain names associated with your Hetzner account.
- Do not use your personal information, such as name, phone number, ID number, special dates, address or names of anyone you know.
- Use different passwords for you various hosting services.
- Use a word or phrase you can remember easily, but would be very difficult for anyone else to guess.